Welcome to WebDrive!
WebDrive is a file transfer client which connects with your data storage servers, including SFTP, WebDAV, and SharePoint, to allow you to access and edit content on an as-needed basis.
WebDrive runs on all versions of Windows and Mac (with the exception of Windows RT 32bit, which is no longer supported by Microsoft). If you have recently upgraded to a Windows 8 or 10 operating system, you will need to reinstall WebDrive to maintain all of the software’s functionality.
When you are ready to install WebDrive, download the most recent version here.
After the software downloads, run it and follow the installation wizard.
Your browser may show a file type error ("Error, cannot recognize file type"). Try again using an alternate browser.
Activate Your License
Once you’ve purchased a WebDrive license, you can activate your software using these steps:
- Launch WebDrive.
- Click the Help/Info icon in the top toolbar (or click App Settings and selecting the License Information tab).
- Click the Activate License button.
- Click the Activate License button in the window (or Buy It... first, if you still need to purchase a license) and enter your licence code, which you should have received in a confirmation email, and click Activate.
SRT updates its software periodically to keep up with fast-changing security standards. You should update your software regularly. You can either check for updates manually, or configure WebDrive to check for updates each time it launches.
To reach the update settings in WebDrive, follow the previous instructions for activating your license by accessing the License Information page. From there:
- Click the Check for Update button.
- If a new update is available, update your software.
- Enable the Check for updates automatically option in the lower left corner if you would like WebDrive to do this automatically. WebDrive will ask for permission before initiating an update.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation. You will be prompted to complete this step.
Visit our Knowledgebase for articles and answers to frequently asked questions.
Please supply our Support Engineers with the following information:
- The platform you are running.
- WebDrive version number.
- A detailed description of the problem. Include file name and complete sub-directory name, if applicable.
- Attach a copy of the log file to your e-mail. For more information about creating log files, see the article here.